TaxCycle Home | Products | Pricing | Events | Documentation | Support | Blog

Width of dropdown lists

Over the weekend I edited my medical list eliminating things like orthodentist and MANY xkm @ x¢/kms as this is now addressed in the medical travel area.

I found it problematic that the column width varies based on its content. On several occasions I was unable to access the red x to delete an item. I had to scroll up or down to a wider portion of the column to access the x.

Also, with the varying column widths, I had to keep moving my mouse to the new location to scroll up or down which slowed down the editing.

If memory serves, I believe in Profile we had a way to open a text file of the applicable list, edit as needed and save it back to the software. Is that an option in Trilogy? If so, where would I find these files?

If not, may I suggest the red x to delete be on the left side of the column and the bar to scroll, perhaps also be moved to that side so width becomes irrelevant.

“C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\Trilogy\TaxCycle\Typing\”

It would be nice to be able to share this on a network for all users rather than have it linked to every computer individually