Please help me if I am missing the point. Here is how I understand Dependent Returns. (C/f from Profile)
- Carry Forward Main Principal Return
- Carry Forward Dependent Return (assumption - Parent Father and Parent Mother)
- Save Dependent Return
- Main Principal Return - Link Dependent Return (from above) and delete the file. To make it Family Returns.
- to Link Returns - Parent Father and Parent Mother Return has to be linked separately
- Parent Father and Parent Mother Returns are not linked to each other e.g. if spousal amount is not transferred if Parent Mother income is NIL
This is creating a lot of misleading nos. It will not help for any tax planning. I almost have to complete dependent returns separately before linking them to Principal Return.
p.s Different Bug - Importing a Parent Mother Return shows SIN same on Parent Mother Spouse Screen.