Below are a number of suggestions I posted on the other board at the end of last T1 silly season.
Most have not been addressed. I thought there were some good ideas/improvements there but alas maybe I am the only one to think so. Just looking for some support for any that others would like to see.
I have been making a list of things I noticed or would like to see changed. Some are Doxcycle some are Taxcycle and some are Taxcycle/Doxcycle. Order is random.
- Would like a default T1 Installment method to CRA method. At least changing the selection should not require an override.
- T5007 Scanning seems to always give a Box 10 even when Box 11 is the box on the slip.
- Certain area could use additional line entries. “Details of various deductions tab” in particular
- Need more areas where predictive typing works. eg. ONBEN for City or Landlord, “Details of various deductions tab” form areas
- Pension splitting calc’s are a little peculiar. Many times the 2000 split was not chosen when it as the most beneficial. Strangely slightly off of the 2000 was chosen giving smaller over all refund.
- Still looking for Doxcycle categories that make a little more sense. Maybe I am alone here but I believe if they are not changeable they should mirror the T1 categories and T1 ordering as well.
Has been addressed perfectly. I should have removed this one.
- Doxcycle automatic zoom to width of screen
- posting of RRSP slips is great but we need a button to have it post spousal to the appropriate area.
- I feel billing for request for loss carry back should only occur when you have made the request. Currently it adds to the billing if there is a loss regardless if you are carrying it back.
- Would like the medical claim for dependants to print on a separate page only when used.
- When posting donations I seem to have to scroll up to post sometimes. It adds the “post as new item” at the top of the list. Can we have that at the bottom as well?
- I don’t find the Standard Industrial Code selection process to be the best. I find myself going to the government list to find codes. I think you should give a rethink.
- Would like to see dates entered on printing of the T1032 & T1153 similar to other forms.
- Would like to see some flexibility in the name entry on the medical worksheet. When I have a medical print out that has both spouses or family totals for the year I would like to be able to enter something like “both” or “family” in the name section.
- For business and rental tabs it would be nice if they were differently named when there is more than one business or rental. Even adding a number to differentiate would be helpful.
- Could pdf default file names be switched to last name, first name …
- I like to use a motor vehicle sheet even when business owns vehicle. I like the organization. on Chart 3 could you add a rate of HST of 0 which would then post the CCA in the not eligible for GST/HST rebate column.