I initially applied the update, but just reinstalled from the latest full installation package with no change.
Clicking on a view seemed to solve half our problem as well – the searches are running correctly now but when I tried to re-index it was showing the same issue. In the log files it’s saying the locations aren’t accessible, so just to be safe I ran through the client manager server setup to make sure the service was running under my network user name, which is an admin on our domain. It looks like it was re-set at some point to be using my local name on my machine. After re-setting it to my network username and rebooting it appears to have fixed the problem.
So for us it looks like there were two issues: the view not selecting to a default on searches, and the TaxCycle Shared Services user getting re-set to local. To be fair I haven’t tried to re-index since a win 10 anniversary update recently got installed, so that may have been the culprit regarding the shared services user issue.